Cofense Triage is a post email gateway automated phishing analysis solution for SOC and incident response teams. Employees who report emails that have bypassed the email gateway are ingested and analyzed by Cofense Triage, clustered into similar threats, and prioritized for action. Cofense Triage filters benign spam-based emails, leaving security teams with real world phish to remediate from employees who reported. Cofense Triage's automation leverages integrations with proprietary Cofense Intelligence curated research as well as 3rd party sandbox, URL, and threat intelligence integrations.
The Cofense Triage content pack integrates with Cortex XSOAR to ingest reported email attributes and operationalize in a playbook. Email attributes such as file payload and malicious links are ingestible into XSOAR as threat indicators. In addition, email reporter details, an email visual, and other related emails similar to the reported threat are searchable via Cofense's API.
What does this pack do?
The integration allows Cortex XSOAR to ingest phishing threats from Cofense Triage and run response playbooks based on email attributes.
- Ingest from Cofense Triage inbox and processed locations.
- Create security incidents in Cortex XSOAR based on processed location categories, such as crimeware, advanced threats, and credential phishing.
- Ingest phishing threat indicators based on severity from Cofense Triage - hashes, URLs, domains.
- View image of reported phish.
- Identify and respond to employees reporting phish, such as VIPs and other highly-credible reporters.
- Search reports for presence of threat indicator hashes, URLs, and domains.
Configuration with Cofense Triage allows for continuous API polling for new threats located in the inbox or processed location queues. Analysts can setup playbooks to respond to security incidents created in Cortex XSOAR.
_For more information about Cofense Triage and the integration with Cortex XSOAR, please visit: https://cofense.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Demisto-and-Cofense_Solution-Brief.pdf and https://cofense.com/product-services/cofense-triage/_