Intended Audience: Technical Alliances, Business Development, and Product Management Teams
Building Cortex XSOAR integrations is easy and we welcome and encourage contributions from our customers and partners. If you are a Technology Partner and want to include your product among the Cortex XSOAR supported integrations, there are a few requirements and steps that must be followed.
Understand all the benefits of becoming a Cortex XSOAR Technology Partner.
As we aim to provide a smooth and seamless partner onboarding experience, we encourage you to review the following requirements and reach out to us for any doubts of clarification requests.
While most of the work is technical, we have a few requirements on the business side:
- Identify and communicate your primary points of contact for business and technical/dev side (Slack is our preferred channel of tech communications)
- Complete the Technical Partner Agreement (more details below)
- Support your integration with customers and enroll in TSANet (see below)
- Provide our team with access to your product for our content testing purposes
If you are creating integrations for your products on Cortex XSOAR, you will need a Python developer. While a great deal of automation content (Playbooks, Dashboards, Layouts, etc.), can be created for the platform without developers, building your own integration requires such a resource.
At minimum you will need the following capabilities:
- Intermediate knowledge of Python 3.x (including basic concepts of linting and unit testing)
- A strong understanding of your product's capabilities
- A strong understanding of your product's APIs
- Access to your company's product and APIs
- An installed Cortex XSOAR Platform (you can install it on-prem or cloud: we will provide the licenses)
- Access to GitHub
- Optional: basic knowledge of Docker, if you want to use your own libraries or pip modules
The following steps explain the process that you need to go through in order to become a Palo Alto Networks Technology Partner with Cortex XSOAR, and start developing content and integrations that can be certified and deployed to customers globally. Please review the following with your team and work with your Cortex XSOAR Partner Success Team to get started.
Submit your application now! After your application is approved you’ll receive an email with a few resources to help you get started, and we'll reach out for a follow up.Sign Up Now
Prior to acceptance into the program, all partners must complete and sign our Technology Partner Program Agreement (TPA). You must identify in the TPA which of your product(s) you wish to have integrated with Cortex XSOAR. Due to the large number of partners, we prefer to use our DocuSign to expedite the process. We'll reach out to arrange for signatures.
We require our Partners to take training classes at the Palo Alto Networks Beacon Learning Center prior to beginning development.
Create a free account with your business email address and search by title to enroll instantly. (Note: you must use your business email to ensure accurate reporting and tracking.)
Additional optional video resources include:
Once you're accepted in the program, we'll provide you links to a few resources, including our Support Portal. We'll also share a document template, already partially compiled, that outlines the scope of the integration. The document includes concepts such as:
- Use cases
- Commands/APIs used
- Input for commands
- Context output for commands
- Raw output for commands
We'll ask you to complete the document and submit back to us for review prior to starting to build. We will be available for clarification and follow up conversations.
Once the use cases document is approved, we will provide you with the Cortex XSOAR licenses. We encourage you to identify the technical team and provide us their contacts so we can create accounts and invite them to our Slack workspace.
We will also provide you a Partner ID that you will use during the GitHub submission process once the integration is complete.
We recommend your technical team review the docs on this site, and the following useful resources:
- Our GitHub Content repository
- Cortex XSOAR Documentation
- Cortex XSOAR Installation Guide
- Our Slack channel #demisto-developers
- Cortex XSOAR Concepts, and Terminology
- Cortex XSOAR integration video tutorial
Please reach out on Slack if you need any technical assistance or guidance. Follow the Getting Started Guide to understand all the requirements and components.
At a minimum, an integration consists in:
- The Python code that connects to your product(s)
- Metadata that defines inputs/outputs/descriptions/etc.
- A logo, appropriate, category, and all integration information defined
- Auto generated Integration documentation
- Documentation for customers on how to use the integration
- Python Unit test(s) for automated testing
- Ability to test the integration, build test playbooks, and use the integration from the CLI
- A couple of example playbooks to showcase how your your integration could be used
Here is an example of a timeline that shows a full development cycle for a pack
Once you have completed development of your content or integration, please submit a Pull Request on our GitHub Content Repo. You will be required to fill in a contribution form that includes details like your Partner ID and some other details.
After the PR is submitted, our development team will conduct a review. When the review of your integration is complete, your build will added to be published to our global community. We release content twice daily to Marketplace customers, and every two weeks for legacy customers.
Now that the integration is complete, you'll get the visibility you deserve! The Partner Success Team will connect you to our Marketing team to work together on content, such as Solution Briefs, Blog posts, YouTube videos, etc.
Partners who wish to contribute paid packs must follow a few additional onboarding steps.