The Cortex XSOAR Adopt-a-Pack program provides our technical partners a way to ‘take over’ a pack that was originally written by Demisto or Cortex XSOAR developers. The partner becomes the maintainer and supporter of the pack and receives several benefits as outlined below.
Benefits for our Partner
Adopting a Pack has several advantages for the partner:
- The partner directly controls the pack’s roadmap, features and release timing.
- The partner receives direct feedback from customers in the form of defects and enhancement requests.
- The partner is added as a reviewer in GitHub so they can see all community updates to that pack.
- The partner places their name on the pack.
- The partner can engage in marketing activities with Palo Alto Networks.
The process to Adopt-a-Pack is simple:
- Partner signs the Palo Alto Networks Technology Partnership Agreement. If you've already signed a similar agreement, you will not have to sign again. There is no additional legal paperwork to Adopt.
- Partner notifies Palo Alto Networks that they wish to adopt the pack. Important: you must notify us so we can work with you.
- Palo Alto Networks marks the pack as "Transitioning to Partner" for 90 days. During this time, the Partner is able to make changes and updates to the pack, but the primary support will remain with Palo Alto Networks. (If the existing pack is not in use, the transition time can be shortened.)
- Partner submits a Pull Request(s) of their pack to the Cortex XSOAR Marketplace in the normal manner updating APIs, marketing information, adding playbooks, etc.
- After the 90 day transition period has elapsed, the Partner submits a pull request updating the pack metadata and officially takes over the pack!