Supported Cortex XSOAR versions: 6.0.0 and later.
This playbook is part of the Content Management pack.
This playbook checks for any available content updates for selected installed content packs and notifies users via e-mail or Slack. It also contains an auto-update flow that lets users decide via playbook inputs or communication tasks if they want to trigger an auto-update process to install all updates that were found.
The content update flow can be triggered in one of the following ways.
- Manually trigger by: 1) Creating a new incident with the type Content Update Manager. 2) Inserting the pack names you want to check and update. 3) Inserting one of the following: Email/ Slack username/ Slack channel to get notified in the process and choose whether to trigger the auto-update flow.
- Configure a Cortex XSOAR job using Jobs.
- GetServerURL pack - This is a mandatory dependency for the Content Update Manager playbook to run properly. You must install the GetServerURL pack through the XSOAR marketplace. No further configuration is required for this pack.
- Demisto REST API - This is a mandatory dependency for the Content Update Manager playbook to run properly.
- Send Notifications - Configure an email gateway integration or the Slack messaging integration to get notifications about the content update process.
Content Version Check - This playbook is a part of the Content Update Manager playbook flow, and it checks whether the installed content is updated to its latest version.
- Demisto REST API
|notificationemail||Provides semi-colon delimited e-mail addresses for the new content notifications. Note: You must have an installed and configured integration that supports the send-mail command.||incident.contentupdatemanageremail||Optional|
|slackuser||Provides a Slack username for the new content notifications. Note: You must have an installed and configured Slack integration.||incident.contentupdatemanagerslackusername||Optional|
|slackchannel||Provides a Slack channel for the new content notifications. Note: You must have an installed and configured Slack integration. Also, make sure the Cortex XSOAR application has access to this channel.||incident.contentupdatemanagerslackchannel||Optional|
|packs||A CSV of packs to monitor.||incident.contentupdatemanagerpackselection||Required|
|auto_update||Establishes whether to automatically update the content packs if there are available updates or wait for an analyst's approval or the manual update process. Specify 'Yes' for auto-update or 'No' for manual update.||No default value||Optional|
There are no outputs for this playbook.