This playbook Remediates the Drive-by Compromise technique using intelligence-driven Courses of Action (COA) defined by Palo Alto Networks Unit 42 team.
***Disclaimer: This playbook does not simulate an attack using the specified technique, but follows the steps to remediation as defined by Palo Alto Networks Unit 42 team’s Actionable Threat Objects and Mitigations (ATOMs). Techniques Handled:
- T1189: Drive-by Compromise
Kill Chain phases:
- Initial Access
MITRE ATT&CK Description:
Adversaries may gain access to a system through a user visiting a website over the normal course of browsing. With this technique, the user's web browser is typically targeted for exploitation, but adversaries may also use compromised websites for non-exploitation behavior such as acquiring Application Access Token.
Possible playbook uses:
- The playbook can be used independently to handle and remediate the specific technique.
- The playbook can be used as a part of the “Courses of Action - Defense Evasion” playbook to remediate techniques based on the kill chain phase.
- The playbook can be used as a part of the “MITRE ATT&CK - Courses of Action” playbook, which can be triggered by different sources and accepts the technique MITRE ATT&CK ID as an input.
This playbook uses the following sub-playbooks, integrations, and scripts.
- PAN-OS - Block all unknown and unauthorized applications
- PAN-OS - Enforce Anti-Spyware Best Practices Profile
- PAN-OS - Enforce Vulnerability Protection Best Practices Profile
- PAN-OS - Enforce URL Filtering Best Practices Profile
- PAN-OS - Enforce WildFire Best Practices Profile
This playbook does not use any integrations.
This playbook does not use any commands.
|template||Template name to enforce WildFire best practices profile.||Optional|
|pre_post||Rules location. Can be 'pre-rulebase' or 'post-rulebase'. Mandatory for Panorama instances.||Optional|
|device-group||The device group for which to return addresses (Panorama instances).||Optional|
|tag||Tag for which to filter the rules.||Optional|
|Handled.Techniques||The techniques handled in this playbook||unknown|