This playbook Remediates the Phishing technique using intelligence-driven Courses of Action (COA) defined by Palo Alto Networks Unit 42 team.
***Disclaimer: This playbook does not simulate an attack using the specified technique, but follows the steps to remediation as defined by Palo Alto Networks Unit 42 team’s Actionable Threat Objects and Mitigations (ATOMs). Techniques Handled:
- T1566: Phishing
Kill Chain phases:
- Initial Access
MITRE ATT&CK Description:
Adversaries may send phishing messages to gain access to victim systems. All forms of phishing are electronically delivered social engineering. Phishing can be targeted, known as spearphishing. In spearphishing, a specific individual, company, or industry will be targeted by the adversary. More generally, adversaries can conduct non-targeted phishing, such as in mass malware spam campaigns.
Adversaries may send victims emails containing malicious attachments or links, typically to execute malicious code on victim systems or to gather credentials for use of Valid Accounts. Phishing may also be conducted via third-party services, like social media platforms.
Possible playbook uses:
- The playbook can be used independently to handle and remediate the specific technique.
- The playbook can be used as a part of the “Courses of Action - Defense Evasion” playbook to remediate techniques based on the kill chain phase.
- The playbook can be used as a part of the “MITRE ATT&CK - Courses of Action” playbook, which can be triggered by different sources and accepts the technique MITRE ATT&CK ID as an input.
This playbook uses the following sub-playbooks, integrations, and scripts.
- Phishing Investigation - Generic v2
- PAN-OS - Enforce Anti-Virus Best Practices Profile
- PAN-OS - Enforce WildFire Best Practices Profile
- Endpoint Malware Investigation - Generic
This playbook does not use any integrations.
This playbook does not use any commands.
|Template name to enforce WildFire best practices profile.
|Rules location. Can be 'pre-rulebase' or 'post-rulebase'. Mandatory for Panorama instances.
|The device group for which to return addresses (Panorama instances).
|Tag for which to filter the results.
|The techniques handled in this playbook