The integration description file is designed to provide the supported use cases of the integration, as well as to help XSOAR users to easily configure an instance of the chosen integration.
- Give as much information as you think the user of this integration needs to succeed. Permission levels, credentials, keys, etc.
- If there are permissions required on the integration level, list them in the description.
- If commands have separate permissions, mention that fact in the description, but document the required permission on the command level.
Common cases are:
- How to get credentials
- How to get API Key/Secret
- How to get Applications ID
The description file should be placed along with all of the integration's files.
For example, if the Pack name is
HelloWorld and the integration name is also
HelloWorld, the description file path is:
The description file should contain details on how to configure an instance of the integration, together with the relevant details needed from the product that are important to perform an easy configuration. The file's content can include troubleshooting tips and advanced details for different configuration cases.
This should not be confused with the integration README file, documented here.
This is the contents of the
To display the integration description, click on the question mark button in the integration configuration panel
The content of the description file will be displayed