This document includes info on how to prepare for a demo and how it will be conducted.
Please make sure you review it before the demo.
A demo is the last stage of the contribution before it is merged into the Content internal repo. In order to be prepared as much as possible and avoid post-demo change requests, make sure to go through the steps detailed in this document.
- The purpose of the demo is to make sure the contribution is up to Cortex XSOAR standards and to ensure that everything works as expected while providing a good UX.
- The participants who will take part in the demo are the contributor, the PR reviewer, and based on the content of the PR, a security reviewer as well.
- The demo should take up to an hour (based on the PR size).
- Make sure the change requests from your code review are fully addressed and fixed.
- Prepare a Cortex XSOAR instance that has all the recent changes and has the most updated version of your pack. The demo will be performed in this environment.
The following may change given the scope and the size of the contribution.
- Product overview - short general explanation about the product.
- Overview of the use cases implemented in the pack - the use cases the customer will use the pack for.
- Overview of the integration commands implemented - which commands are implemented.
- Demo integration instance configuration:
- Verify that it is clear how to retrieve required credentials.
- Verify correct error handling - what happens when the credentials are wrong.
- Demo integration commands:
- Demo fetch incidents (if applicable) - verify that incidents are fetched and displayed correctly.
- Demo playbooks (if applicable).
- Review layout, incident and indicator type, incident and indicator fields, and classifiers (if applicable).
- Verify layout is bound to incident / indicator type.
- Verify incident / indicator fields are bound to incident / indicator types.
- Verify classifier is bound to incident type.
- Verify playbook is bound to an incident type.
- If there were any changes requested during the demo by the reviewers, they must be fixed and committed.
- After all requested changes are made, the PR will be merged.